Here is the Meet Announcement for our 12th Annual Northern Virginia Catholic High School Invitational Championship Meet at the Freedom Center on Saturday, January 22, 2022. Please read it carefully because there are a number of things that are different from our recent practice.
It is a privilege for Seton to be able to host this meet, but in order to maintain that privilege, all participating teams must be very diligent about wearing masks when outside of the water. Fortunately, most of the other COVID policies have been relaxed, including social distancing requirements. And even better, the locker rooms are open!
- We will allow spectators inside the Freedom Center bleacher area.
- Masks are required for all spectators per George Mason University policy – Seton has no control over this.
- If you object to wearing a mask, as many people do, then please just watch the meet on the livestream.
- Please do not force me, as the Meet Host, to become a mask policeman.
- We cannot allow a spectator to risk our ability to host meets at the Freedom Center
- The meet will be streamed live on the Seton Swimming Highlights YouTube channel at: https://setonswimming.org/videos/
- If you go to that page now, you can see recordings of previous live-streams. We think you will find it quite enjoyable to watch the meet at home if you are not volunteering.
- Seton Divers should be on deck ready to stretch at 10:19 a.m. for a half-hour practice that starts at 10:30 prior to the 11:00 a.m. Diving Meet warm-up. Seton Swimmers should be stretching at 12:39 p.m.
- Once we have all of the entries, I will post a Meet Timeline. In the absence of that information, I would anticipate that the meet should be done around 6:00 p.m.
Here are the lane timing responsibilities for the meet, as outlined in the Meet Announcement. We will run the meet with two (2) timer per lane, with the following schools responsible for each lane:
- Lane 1: St. Gertrude/Benedictine
- Lane 2: John Paul the Great
- Lane 3: Bishop O’Connell
- Lane 4: Bishop Ireton
- Lane 5: Seton
- Lane 6: Paul VI
- Lane 7: John Paul the Great
- Lane 8: Paul VI
- Lane 9: Bishop Ireton
- Lane 10: Bishop O’Connell
Here are Seton’s Entries, with relays updated as of Friday, January 21st at 10:30 a.m.:
Seton needs volunteers for Timing and Hospitality. Sign up for: