We need more volunteers for Timing and Hospitality. Sign up for:
Here is the Meet Announcement for our Seton December Invitational Meet at the Freedom Center on Saturday, December 11, 2021. Please read it carefully because there are a number of things that are different from our recent practice.
It is a privilege for Seton to be able to host this meet, but in order to maintain that privilege, all participating teams must be very diligent about wearing masks when outside of the water. Fortunately, most of the other COVID policies have been relaxed, including social distancing requirements. And even better, the locker rooms are open!
We will allow spectators inside the Freedom Center bleacher area on a trial basis.
- Masks are required for all spectators per George Mason University policy.
- If you object to wearing a mask, as many people do, then please just watch the meet on the livestream.
- Please do not force me, as the Meet Host, to become a mask policeman.
- I have no interest in that.
- If a spectator is seen without a mask, I will simply identify the school from which that spectator came and inform that coach that their none of their parents will be allowed into the meet again.
- This will apply to Seton parents as well.
- We cannot allow a spectator to risk our ability to host meets
- The meet will be streamed live on the Seton Swimming Highlights YouTube channel at: https://setonswimming.org/videos/
Seton Divers should be on deck ready to stretch at 10:19 a.m. for a one-hour practice that starts at 10:30 prior to the 11:30 a.m. Diving Meet warm-up. Seton Swimmers should be stretching at 12:39 p.m. Once we have all of the entries, I will post a Meet Timeline. In the absence of that information, I would anticipate that the meet should be done around 6:00 p.m.
Please note that we have added Time Trial heats of the 50 Fly immediately after 100 Fly. These heats will NOT be scored as part of the meet – they are for developmental purposes only.
Here are our entries for the meet. There have been lots of relay changes because of late scratches, so look at these reports, not the Meet Program, for the latest and greatest relay line-ups. The last change was made at 11:55 a.m.