Here is the Meet Announcement for our 14th Annual Junior Varsity Invitational Championship at the Freedom Center on Saturday, January 30th, 2021.
Please read the Meet Announcement carefully because there are a number of things that are different from our past practice.
One big difference from past seasons is the protocol we will be using to mitigate the risks of COVID. COVID Protocols for this meet will be guided by the policies of:
- George Mason University,
- The Freedom Center,
- VISAA “Back to Play”,
- USA Swimming, and
- the State of Virginia.
It is a privilege for Seton to be able to host this meet, but in order to maintain that privilege, all participating teams must be very diligent in adhering to these protocols. We will schedule a Zoom call for Coaches prior to the meet to ensure everyone understands their responsibilities here.
The second difference is that we will be offering Time Trial events in the 400 Free Relay, 100 Free, 50 Free, 50 Butterfly and 50 Breaststroke ONLY for swimmers trying to qualify for “A” Relays in the virtual State Championship. Varsity swimmers who are not otherwise eligible to swim in this meet may swim in these Time Trial events. The order of events is included in the Meet Announcement below.
And the final difference is that NO Spectators will be allowed inside the Freedom Center pool. The meet will be streamed live on the Seton Swimming Highlights YouTube channel at: https://setonswimming.org/videos/
I’d strongly recommend printing out a Meet Program to guide your viewing on the live-stream:
Seton State Team Divers will practice prior to the meet from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. Divers should be stretching by 12:39 p.m. Seton Swimmers should be stretching at 1:39 p.m.
We are looking to break some Meet Records this weekend. Look for the following races where we will see swimmers with a shot to get on the Record Board:
- Madisyn Carter (Highland) in 100 IM, 50 Fly and 50 Back
- Angie Testani and Clara Condon in 50 Breaststroke.
- Seton Girls 200 Medley Relay of Haley Fifield, Angie Testani, Clara Condon and Lucy Pennefather
- Seton Girls 200 Breaststroke Relay of Angie Testani, Amelia Geary, Lucy Pennefather and Clara Condon
We are also looking to lay down some good times for the Boys and Girls 400 Free Relays for the virtual State Championship Meet. Both relays will be going head-to-head in a non-scoring Time Trial with Trinity Christian’s best swimmers so that both teams can submit the best possible times. For the purposes of these two relays, we are swimming for a State Championship today.
- Our Girls 400 Free Relay will be Angie Testani, Mary O’Malley, Lucy Garvey and Mary Pennefather. The best we’ve ever done at the end of a regular season meet is 4:04.94 at the Seton December Invitational. The sum of these girls’ best 100 Free times this season is 4:00.80, but I see no reason why we shouldn’t be under 4:00 today. Trinity Christian’s best time this season is 3:58.68 and the sum of the best splits for the girls that are swimming is 3:58.38 (ignore their 3:46.85 seed time). Ideally, we beat the best they’ve done this season.
- Our Boys 400 Free Relay will be Joe Wilson, Evan Wilson, Nathan Luevano and Jack Santschi. Liam Kellogg and Jerry Dalrymple are out of town, but I still think we can get this done. The sum of the best 100 Free times for the group swimming is 3:40.68 and the best Trinity Christian has done if 3:45.94 (ignore their seed time of 3:29.97).
Here are our team entries for the Meet: