Here is the Meet Announcement for our 16th Annual VISAA Division II Invitational Championship Meet at the Freedom Center on Saturday, February 5, 2022. Please read it carefully because there are a number of things that are different from our recent practice.
It is a privilege for Seton to be able to host this meet, but in order to maintain that privilege, all participating teams must be very diligent about wearing masks when outside of the water. Fortunately, most of the other COVID policies have been relaxed, including social distancing requirements. And even better, the locker rooms are open!
- We will allow spectators inside the Freedom Center bleacher area.
- Masks are required for all spectators per George Mason University policy – Seton has no control over this.
- If you object to wearing a mask, as many people do, then please just watch the meet on the livestream.
- Please do not force me, as the Meet Host, to become a mask policeman.
- We cannot allow a spectator to risk our ability to host meets at the Freedom Center.
- The meet will be streamed live on the Seton Swimming Highlights YouTube channel at: https://setonswimming.org/videos/
- If you go to that page now, you can see recordings of previous live-streams. We think you will find it quite enjoyable to watch the meet at home if you are not volunteering.
- The diving competition will use an 11-Dive format in preparation for States.
- Seton Divers should be on deck ready to stretch at 9:39 a.m. prior to the 10:00 a.m. Diving Meet warm-up. Seton Swimmers should be stretching at 12:39 p.m. prior to their 1:00 p.m. warm-up.
Below, please find the latest information for the Meet including the Meet Program, Warm-up schedule, Psych Sheet, and Meet Timeline.
Here are the lane timing responsibilities for the meet, as outlined in the Meet Announcement. We will run the meet with two (2) timer per lane, with the following schools responsible for each lane. These assignments may change based on entries:
- Lane 1: Christchurch/Highland School
- Lane 2: Steward School
- Lane 3: Fredericksburg Christian
- Lane 4: Oakcrest School
- Lane 5: Seton School
- Lane 6: Trinity Christian
- Lane 7: Hampton Roads Academy
- Lane 8: Broadwater Academy/Carmel School/Covenant
- Lane 9: Williamsburg Christian/Walsingham/Immanuel Christian
- Lane 10: Veritas/Veritas/Nansemond Suffolk
Now that we are past the entry deadline, here are Seton’s entries:
Seton needs volunteers for Timing and Hospitality. Sign up for: