Great news! As of January 4th, we have both “A” and “B” Relays qualified for States for all Boys and Girls Relays !
Here is how I will determine who will swim on those relays at States:
- To be qualified as a potential swimmer on the relay, you have to have swum a relay that hit the qualifying time during the current season.
- With the ability to enter only one “A” and one “B” Relay per event, I am only able to enter 8 total swimmers per relay event.
- In some events, we have as many as 10 swimmers qualified.
- So being qualified, doesn’t necessarily mean you will swim
- The fastest times will swim.
- When considering who has the fastest times, I am considering both flat starts and relay splits.
Here are the relay times swum so far this season, with the State Meet Qualifiers in each relay circled:
Here is my tracking spreadsheet for the fastest splits among the boys. If the State meet were today, I’ve highlighted who would swim:
Here is my tracking spreadsheet for the fastest splits among the girls. If the State meet were today, I’ve highlighted who would swim:
There is still a lot of swimming between now and DAC Champs, which is the last opportunity to qualify for States. That means there are still numerous opportunities to qualify for a State Relay and to earn the right to actually swim.
We also have some individual qualifiers for States. Here is the State Championship Eligibility Report. Note that Event #101 and #102 is a Bonus event only for swimmers who have qualified for the meet in any other event, including relays:
For National Catholics, next week at NoVa Catholics is the last time to qualify. To date, we have only two Girls relays qualified:
- 200 Medley Relay
- 400 Free Relay
If National Catholics were swum today, that would mean that the following swimmers would swim on our relays at National Catholics:
- Caroline Griffin
- Mairead Geiran
- Emily Flynn
- Mary Pennefather
- Isabelle Luevano
- Anne Konstanty
We also have some individual qualifiers for National Catholics. Here is the National Catholic Eligibility Report:
We’ve had five (5) girls and three (3) boys qualify for National Catholics individually:
- Mairead Geiran – 200 Free, 200 IM, 50 Free, 100 Fly, 100 Free, 500 Free, 100 Back, 100 Breast
- Caroline Griffin – 200 IM and 100 Back
- Anne Konstanty – 200 Free and 50 Free
- Isabelle Luevano – 100 Free
- Mary Pennefather – 50 Free and 100 Free
- Shane Koehr – 50 Free
- Drew Dalrymple – 50 Free
- Christian Ceol – 50 Free
See you at practice!
Coach Jim Koehr