Here is the Meet Announcement for our Seton VCAC Invitational Meet at the Freedom Center on Saturday, January 8, 2022. Please read it carefully because there are a number of things that are different from our recent practice.
This meet will decide the regular season VCAC Championship.
It is a privilege for Seton to be able to host this meet, but in order to maintain that privilege, all participating teams must be very diligent about wearing masks when outside of the water. Fortunately, most of the other COVID policies have been relaxed, including social distancing requirements. And even better, the locker rooms are open!
- We will allow spectators inside the Freedom Center bleacher area.
- Masks are required for all spectators per George Mason University policy – Seton has no control over this.
- If you object to wearing a mask, as many people do, then please just watch the meet on the livestream.
- Please do not force me, as the Meet Host, to become a mask policeman.
- We cannot allow a spectator to risk our ability to host meets at the Freedom Center
- The meet will be streamed live on the Seton Swimming Highlights YouTube channel at: https://setonswimming.org/videos/
Seton Divers should be on deck ready to stretch at 10:19 a.m. for a one-hour practice that starts at 10:30 prior to the 11:30 a.m. Diving Meet warm-up.
We will hold an extra practice for Group 5 swimmers (W/F practice) from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. in the unused lanes next to the diving boards. Group 5 swimmers should be on deck stretching by 11:19 a.m. The rest of the Seton team should be stretching quietly in the bleachers at 12:39 p.m. The Meet Timeline shows that the meet should end a little after 5:30 p.m.
With Fredericksburg Christian dropping out, I’ve updated the warm-up lane assignments to give Trinity Christian and Peninsula Catholic more space.
Meet Announcement-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-updated warm-ups
Here are all of the final Meet reports, including the Meet Program and an annotated version of the Psych Sheet with my notes:
Meet Program-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-2 column
Meet Program-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-Diving
Psych Sheet-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-2 column
Psych Sheet-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-annotated-v3
Meet Timeline-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-v2
Meet Events-VCAC Invitational-08Jan2022-001 (Coaches Only)
Here are the lane timing responsibilities for the meet, as outlined in the Meet Announcement. We will run the meet with two (2) timer per lane, with the following schools responsible for each lane. With Fredericksburg Christian dropping out, I’ve assigned a 3rd lane to both Seton and Trinity Christian.
- Lane 1 – Seton
- Lane 2 – John Paul the Great
- Lane 3 – Seton
- Lane 4 – Trinity Christian
- Lane 5 – Seton
- Lane 6 – Trinity Christian
- Lane 7 – John Paul the Great
- Lane 8 – Trinity Christian
- Lane 9 – Oakcrest
Here are Seton’s entries for the Meet, updated as of January 8th at 9:00 a.m. with a scratch and some relay changes:
Meet Entries-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-by event-v7
Meet Entries-VCAC Invitational-Jan8,22-by name-v7
Seton needs volunteers for Timing and Hospitality. Sign up for: